The Boardworks SUP Raven Review With Mike Tavares
“To Seek, Plunder, or Prey,” is one of the many definitions for the word Raven and its exactly what the Boardworks SUP Raven does. This board seeks out any body of water and brings out the best in any paddler in any condition. After using the Raven in a variety of different bodies of water, I have found that this multi-use board is good for just about anything. Recently named Men’s Journal gear of the year award, the Raven is a must for paddlers looking for a SUP board that is easy to use and performs great.
Boardworks brings its unsurpassed quality construction at a great price to give paddlers a board that is designed for all purpose cruising, recreational racing, fishing, or just plain getting out on the water. This board was built with glide and speed in mind so it paddles easier, giving you a smoother ride across the water. Here are some points that I like about the Raven.
|Raven 12’6″ Specs:
||Raven 10’6″ Specs:
- Thick and forgiving rails that allow for an absurd amount of stability
- Piercing bow that breaks through the chop
- Slightly inset deck pad area that enables you to lock into the standing area
- Light and strong Boardworks TEC-V construction
- 10’6 and 12’6 sizing to allow for the perfect fit for a variety of paddler sizes
- Can be used in a variety of water conditions. From Flat water to moving water
- Deck Rigging give you options to store gear for fishing, overnighters, and day packs
- Bamboo Veneer gives the board a great looking finish
Overall, this board is hard to beat. It paddles smoothly, can be used in almost any condition, and looks great. Check one out and you will be sure to enjoy!