Astral Buoyancy Camino PFD Review
The Camino features Astral’s breathable Airescape Technology (patent pending) which helps to regulate the paddler’s body temperature on hot days, while allowing maximum air flow through breathable garments on cold days (meaning it lets that Kokatat dry suit do its job in the cold Colorado snow melt).
Airescape works in 3 ways:
-Front and back vent ports allow cool air to enter, and warm air to escape
-Internal air mesh pads reduce body to PFD contact by 70% allowing air to circulate inside the vest
-Open weave mesh liner allows hot air and perspiration to escape
- Lightweight and environmentally considerate PE (polyethylene) foam construction
- Two front pockets for easy access storage
- Durable and Quick drying Ripstop Nylon Shell
- Reflective accents on the front and back for maximum visibility
- Available in 3 colors: Charcoal, Red, and Purple
- Sizing (measured in inches at widest torso circumference)
- s/m 31″-37″
- m/l 38″-44″
- l/xl 45″-51″
- This Camino is breathable, lightweight, and quick drying.
- Full back protection make it great for whitewater, SUP, canoeing, sailing.
- Internal air mesh pads are soft and comfortable, and positioned to keep the Camino from riding up.
- Those wanting a tow belt may want to check out the new Sea Wolf, as the Camino is not tow belt compatible.
- Sometimes the full back gets in the way of taller recreational kayak seats, so for high seats we recommend the Camino’s cousin, the V-Eight which has a mesh back.
- Front pockets are a bit small.
Register to win a FREE ASTRAL CAMINO PFD, along with a $2200+ SUP package by clicking the link below: