CKS Squad Review: Tom Janney Reviews The Shred Ready Full Face Helmet
One of the main questions that many up and coming creekers have is, do I need a full face helmet? A helmet is the most important piece of safety gear that any of us own. There are many great helmets out there, but for creeking my favorite (and many others too) choice is the Shred Ready Full Face helmet. This helmet provides great coverage of your face and jaw to keep us all looking good! Most importantly this helmet gives you awesome temple and occipital coverage, the helmet utilizes Multi-Impact molded EPP liner (the same foam used in the more expensive Sweet full-face) and the H.O.G. Lock Retention System (that really secures the helmet to your head).
- The EPP liner for great impact protection
- The H.O.G. Lock Retention System offers an excellent secure fit
- Less bulky than other comparable full face helmets
- One-Year limited warranty on workmanship and materials
- An amazing deal for only $110
- Comes in TONS of different colors to allow for visibility and personalization
- Only one size but comes with great foam to help get a great fit
- Can make talking/hearing a little more difficult (a problem with any full-face)
The best full-face helmet on the market for your money. I love the helmet; it has protected my face a few times on some waterfalls, and my brain a few times when I contacted some submerged rocks.